Wedding Ceremony Australia
Wedding Ceremony Australia






Civil Celebrant Western Australia 


Overseas  Visitors
Getting married in Australia

Western Australia is a beautiful, safe and inexpensive country in which to marry.

Marriage in Australia is legally recognised across the World  and you will have the same legal rights and responsibilities as in your country. You do not need to be an Australian resident or citizen to be married here.


If you live outside Australia, your ceremony can be easily arranged through email, the postal service, and or telephone calls.

I would expect to have a couple of meetings and a rehearsal shortly after you have arrive in Western Australia prior to the Wedding Ceremony.


You can be married in some wonderful locations such as the beach with pristine white sand, parks and gardens, at Rottnest Island, parks with Kangaroos and Koalas, in the Aussie bush, the list is endless. Ask me to send you a list of locations, ask for a type of setting you require or visit  Tourism Western Australia website.

Fiancé Visa Plan

If you or your fiancé are applying for entry into Australia under the prospective marriage (fiancé) plan or similar special entry plans, I will provide you with a letter for presentation to the Consulate, together with a certified copy of the NOIM .  

This will be done once you have paid your booking confirmation fee. Please ensure that you consult your Migration Agent to confirm that all requirements have been fulfilled.

Please note that a Fiancé Visa is not necessarily an automatic qualification for permanent residency status in Australia. Check the latest information on the Department of Immigration’s website.

To arrange your wedding with me, confirm by  e-mail a date, time and venue. 

The Notice of Intended Marriage must be signed in the presence of one of the following:

a.        If a party signs the notice in Australia -

[         an authorised marriage celebrant; or

ü                a Commissioner for Declarations under the Statutory Declarations

           Act 1959; or

[         a Justice of the Peace; or

[         a Barrister or Solicitor; or

[         a legally qualified medical practitioner; or

ü                a member of the Australian Federal Police of the police force of a

          State or Territory.

         b.       If a party signs the notice outside Australia -

[         an Australian Diplomatic Officer; or

[        an Australian Consular Officer; or

[         an employee of the Commonwealth authorised under paragraph 3(c) of

           the Consular Fees Act 1955; or

[         an employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorised under

           paragraph 3(d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955; or

[         a notary public


Go to my List of Contact and Links page or here is a list of the Australian Embassies & Consulates. Please note that there may be a delay in making an appointment to see Australian Consulate Officers.


Send the form to me by registered mail together with your deposit and certified copies of your birth certificates or passport. These must clearly show your date and place of birth.


I need to have received the Notice of Intended Marriage at least one calendar month before your wedding day, but no more than eighteen months before your proposed wedding date.

Proof of Identity

If either of you was born in Australia, I must sight that person’s original Birth Certificate. Passports are not accepted for Australian Nationals. Original birth certificates are obtained from Department of Births, Deaths and Marriages in the State or Territory in which you were born. Contact details may be found at

If either of you has been married before, I will also need certified copies of the Certificate of Divorce / Absolute Dissolution of Marriage (Decree Absolute), or your previous spouse’s Death Certificate. An official at the Australian Embassy or Australian Consulate can certify these for you. A brief summary of required Certificates are  listed below.

Marital Situation

Australian Born

Born Outside  Australia

Never Validly Married

Original Birth Certificate

Original Birth Certificate or
Valid (Non Australian) Passport


Original Birth certificate and
Certificate of Divorce / Decree Absolute

Original Birth Certificate or
Valid (Non Australian) Passport  and Certificate of Divorce

Widow / Widower

Original Birth Certificate and
Death Certificate

Original Birth Certificate or
Valid (Non Australian) Passport  and Death Certificate


A person born overseas, who does not have a birth certificate or extract, should make every effort to obtain one from his or her country of birth. In the event that this is not possible, I may sight a Passport issued by the government of an overseas country, provided it shows both date and place of birth. In some cases, I may also request additional proof of identity.  For cases in which it is impossible to obtain the relevant documents outlined above, I will require a Statutory Declaration. This is a written legal Statement witnessed by me as an Officer of the Commonwealth of Australia, or another authorised official.

An intentional false Statement on a Statutory Declaration is a serious offence carrying a penalty of four (4) years imprisonment.

Please note that under Australian Law, I need to  see your original documents. You will need to bring them with you to Australia so I can sight them at our first meeting.

If any of the documents are in a foreign language, official translations into English will be required. Currently in Australia the only persons who can do this are those registered with the National Accreditation Authority for Translators. Tel: 1300 557 470, email them at   or check out their website at

If you are not confident in speaking English, I can assist to arrange for an official interpreter to be present at the marriage and we can do it together.

Planning the ceremony

Once I have received your completed Notice Of Intended Marriage Form  and the certified copies of documents, together with your deposit, I will write to you or email you confirming the documents have arrived and that your deposit has been received. 

We can then start to plan the content of your ceremony. I will provide you with a comprehensive  range of resources and options to help you with your planning of your wedding ceremony.

Prior to your wedding ceremony, you will need to complete a Declaration, that there is no legal impediment to your marriage with your fiancé. I will supply and witness this document.

 At your ceremony, there must be two official witnesses who have attained the age of eighteen years. The full names of your witnesses need to be provided to me prior to your ceremony for inclusion on the official Certificate of Marriage. I will forward the completed Certificate of Marriage to the Register-General of Births, Deaths and Marriages, after the ceremony, to register your marriage. 

Please contact me for any further information or clarification

Copyright ® 2007